Tuesday 16 February 2016

Axle on and moving the car to its new home.

30 May 2015

So as I indicated previously I am losing the storage on my brothers drive as he is moving house.  Hence the car has to move.  You'll also remember that the car is sitting in the air with no rear axle fitted.  Like this....



To make things easy I popped the wheels on the axle.  Surprisingly these held air!!



 

 I then rolled it under the car.



Bolting it on with the original bolts, new ones can no longer be obtained from Peugeot.



I then lowered the car back onto 4 wheels for the first time since 2008.  I made a small error though.  You may recall when I was building the rear axle I did not manage to bolt the dampers at each end. Unfortunately when lowering the car I failed to spot these had swung down and were the first items to contact the ground.  This resulted in irreparable damage to the dampers which are now for the bin.  No matter.  I'l just need to buy another set, they were not expensive.

We then fitted a spare set of alloys from my old Peugeot 406 to the front as the tyres were wrecked.  We then pushed onto the road ready for the trailer.



Looks pretty much ready to drive away!!  If only.




Rope attached to pull onto trailer.









On the trailer and ready to go to its new home.



Tucked away in the new home.



Pretty tight length ways!!



Fair bit of junk up the sides at the moment from my Brothers house move.  Only temporary hopefully.



So now, no excuses.  I can get on and restore properly!

Wish me luck.

1 comment: