Monday 2 October 2017

Throttle Body Teardown

Today I have inspected the throttle body and decided it could do with some sprucing up.  Looks like mainly cosmetic things, but a few seals look like they have seen better days.

General side shot - Note its made by Weber!


Internal shot - I probably cleaned this in the past.  Looks too clean.



 Rear shot. Again very clean.  I must have cleaned this out before.   I did identify that the breather on the right of this picture was blocked.  Managed to clear with a paper clip and plenty carb cleaner.  Not sure the effect this would have (if any) as it only has a very small (must by a vacuum hose I guess) that goes to the oil cap.

In bits.  It was fairly simple to teardown.  Looks mostly serviceable with many parts shared with Weber Carbs.  I need to identify some new oil seals and possibly some new bushes for the throttle plate shafts. Springs and a few of the cable holders will need plated.  I will get the body vapour blasted.

Should look good when its done.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment