Wednesday 4 October 2017

Exhaust Manifold

I have been stripping a lot off the car recently and have not really made any refurbishment progress, so I decided to refurb the exhaust manifold to get my refurb mojo.

Crusty looking manifold as removed from the car.

Part of the fasteners were stuck due to corrosion.  Needed to give these a tap out. 




 Attacked with a wire brush.  It did ok but not well enough

 Deox C bath made up.
 In it goes
 I was very impressed by the results of the Deox C.  The rust fell off when it came out.  You can see the tide mark where the fluid has been up to.  Quick finish off with wire brush and its ready for paint.

 I made use of Hycote Extreme Heat Balck which I saw on another thread.

 Painting in progress
I ended up using the entire tin.  Was not going to need it again. 


Cured in the wifes oven.  She was out - no pics as I don't want her to see the evidence.  Luckily she does not read car forums :D




I am really chuffed how this turned out.  Looks really good.  Probably would have preferred silver but the shop only had black.

That's all for today.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment