Wednesday 2 March 2016

Front End Dismantle - Part 1

July/August 2015

So after the inspection I have decided to do a engine out front end refurb.  As you can see from the previous post the condition of the engine bay and front end is poor, and to get the finish I want I think the best course of action is to dismantle everything, refurb, repaint and rebuild.  This is definitely the most complex undertaking I have done on a car, so forgive me if I am a little slow with it.


Front Grill removed.

Removing fasteners from front slam panel.

Indicators Out

Next I wished to remove the bumper.  After a bit of research I figured out how it was to be done. 24 year old fasteners though are a bit of a challenge!!

I have to get a bolt out of this!!

The inevitable happened.  I snapped the fasteners - Doh!  I was trying to be very careful too!

Same on other side.

This will never come out without shearing it.

Getting somewhere.  Car is looking a bit sad...

Removing Headlights

Headlights out

Nearly there

And off - Finally.

Some extensive corrosion on the bumper stiffener.

That's all for today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment