Sunday 19 April 2015

Posted some time after 2/07/2007

Some general photos of the car.

Some lovely green stuff on car.

My brother had moved the car onto the grass so he could use the drive.  Made it really difficult to jack it in the air.

 I find this photo arty in an odd sort of way.

 More Green Stuff (moss??)

After the previous pictures of the shiny brake callipers on rusty springs and hubs I decided to remove these to restore them.  I removed the struts and dismantled them.  I don't seem to have many pictures of the strip down but I do have rebuild pics.

  Where has the strut gone??

 Painted up Wheel Hubs
 Front of the Hubs - Cleaned up with a dremel
 Sandblasted hub carriers with new bearings and ball joints.  Ready for paint.

 Masked up

 Painting Complete - Awaiting pressing in of hubs

 Completed restored hubs

 My Nanas dog Ben guarding the parts and looking highly fierce!

I had restored the strut tops also, painting them with silver hammerite.  I purchased new springs and dampers and set about rebuilding them.
 New bits

 Ready for rebuild.

 A Spring Compressor was used to compress the springs allowing fitment, with renewed bearings, onto the new strut.


 Shiny

 Refurbished Strut.

Whilst I was in the arch I also noticed a very sad looking anti roll bar.  Out it came for some refurb.
 Bolts / Bush seized onto the end.  Chopped it off.

 Got them out eventually.

 No wonder it was stuck.  The half height head made it really challenging to get enough torque onto it without the socket or spanner slipping off.


 Remains of the holding clamps.  Note how worn the rubber is!


Got the anti roll bar powder coated professionally.

This will look great on the car!
 Black Hammerite on the Driveshaft.

 Strut mount with surface rust.
 Strut mount with more surface rust - This time under the underseal.
 Inner wing with surface rust.

 Attack with this.  I should get shares in Hammerite.
 Rust Treatment in progress
 Rust Treatment in progress
Overcoated with some new paint of the correct colour.

That's everything from the missing blog pages.

2 comments:

  1. nice work man..hope to see more pictures,cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work man..hope to see more pictures,cheers

    ReplyDelete